Barleta is committed to respecting your privacy. We take data protection seriously, security and compliance with the law on the protection of personal data and privacy.
We keep your data safe
Barleta keeps your data safe. We have taken all the technical and organizational measures for data protection and security.
What’s going on with your data at Barleta?
When using our products and services, you give us access to some personal data and personal data of a special nature. Below are some examples of situations in which we use this data:
• To facilitate your access to our products and services.
• We can answer your questions or complaints about our products and services.
• To improve our products and services.
• Answer questions regarding invoice or contracts.
You have the possibility to express your agreement for the processing of your personal and special data, including the personal numerical code and / or of certain conditions, under the conditions described in the “GDPR Policy” available on www.Barleta.eu . You will benefit from such services and personalized offers, tailored to your needs, so that you have the best Barleta services and products.
By understanding how you use Barleta products and services, we can improve your lifestyle and provide services tailored to your needs. We can recommend services and products of interest to you.
The personal and special data we collect about you.
The information we collect about you and how we collect them may vary depending on the products and services you use and which you subscribe to, how you used the products and services and how you interacted with Barleta even if you are not a client (you belong to or empower the client, etc.).
Barleta will process your personal and special data based on the following:
• Barleta’s legitimate business interests, for example, fraud prevention, maintaining the security of our data, products and services, direct marketing and improving our products and services. Whenever we rely on this legal basis to process your data, we evaluate our commercial interests to ensure that they do not prevail over your rights. In addition, in some cases you have the right to oppose this processing. For more information, please see the section entitled Your rights in the bellow information.
• Comply with an imperative legal requirement, including, for example, accounting and tax requirements that are subject to strict internal policies (such as retention periods), procedures, and your right to restrict the use of your own data, which controls the object of the products and the legal assistance services to be provided;
• The consent you give when Barleta is not based on another legal basis. Consent may be withdrawn at any time.
We will collect your personal and special data when, for example:
• You buy or use any of our products and services;
• You are interested in or request information about a particular product or service;
• You subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services offered by us;
• You contact us through various channels;
• Take part in a promotion or raffle made by Barleta;
• Visit or browse the Barleta website;
• You have given permission to other companies, such as our business partners or our associates, as well as our third-party suppliers or contractors, to exchange information with us regarding personal and special information;
• When your personal and special data are public;
• We also collect information from certain organizations, if applicable and to the extent that we have legal grounds for doing so.
The types of information we can have are, if applicable:
• Name, address, personal numeric code, identity document, your fixed and / or mobile phone number, date of birth, gender and e-mail address;
• Information about your credit or debit card, information about your bank account and other banking information. We will collect this data strictly necessary for the processing of a payment whenever you make a purchase;
• Your contact with us, such as a note or recording of a call you made to one of our contact centers, the Live Chat service, an email or a transmitted letter or other evidence of a contact with us;
• Information about your account, such as payment or due details.
• Access legitimacy information – we will collect passwords, indexes and similar security information used for authentication and access to accounts and services on our site;
• Your preferences for certain products, services and lifestyles when you tell us who they are or when we assume, they are, based on how you use our products and services;
• Information we obtain from other sources, as well as other data providers.
• In order to improve the products and services offered, the conversation with our consultants could be recorded and transcribed in text format. If you agree to authorize the recording and transcription, continue the call with our consultants. If you do not wish to do so, please close the call and contact us by other means of communication.
We will use your personal and special data for the following purposes:
• For serving and providing our services
• Processing your order and providing the desired products and services
• To process the products and services you have purchased from us, as well as to keep you updated with the evolution of your order;
• To provide you with relevant products and services. This includes other services that are not included in the contract with you, services that use information about your condition, as well as to contact you with messages regarding changes in products and services.
Billing and customer relations
• To issue your invoice for the use of our products and services;
• To contact you if the billing data you have provided to us is about to expire or we cannot collect the payment;
• To answer any questions or concerns you may have about our products and services.
• We will also use your personal and special data for the purpose of verifying your identity or those of the respective legal authorities where appropriate.
Messages regarding products and services
• Barleta uses personal and special data, but Barleta creates aggregate and statistical management reports from this information that does not identify you individually. Also, Barleta can retrieve this personal and special data and anonymize them to carry out a more in-depth analysis of our products and services. This contributes to the development of the products and services offered to customers by Barleta without identifying the customers individually.
• We will contact you with customer service messages to provide you with up-to-date information on our products and services, for example, on new technologies and devices related to your needs or to inform you about legislative news. from the field.
• To improve the products and services we offer you
• Improvements and innovations regarding our products and services
• We collect anonymous information, without identifying or aggregating elements, in order to improve the products and services we offer to all. None of these analytical data can lead to your identification.
• Marketing and individualization of the products and services we offer you
• As our client, if you have given your consent, we will keep you updated about new products and services, send you newsletters or white books, invite you to participate in a study or we will inform about offers, promotions or draws. We individualize these messages based on the types of products and services you have purchased from us.
• If you gave us permission, we will also contact you to inform you about Barleta’s products and services;
• We will contact you by post, online, by telephone;
Research and analysis
We have a strict procedure regarding the use cases which requires the verification of compliance with the law on privacy and data protection before starting any use case. We have strict rules that ensure the anonymization or elimination of identification elements from personal and special data at the appropriate stage of the procedure.
We use the analyzes for:
Market research and to conduct research and statistical analyzes, including monitoring how our customers use our products and services, anonymously or personally;
The way we exchange personal and special data
If applicable, we exchange personal and special information with:
• Partners or agents involved in the delivery of the products and services you have ordered or used;
• Law enforcement agencies, government bodies, regulatory bodies, courts or other public authorities if we have this legal obligation or are authorized by law;
• a third party or body, when such disclosure is required to comply with any applicable law or other legal or regulatory requirements;
• Emergency services;
• Partner organizations, patient associations that we have carefully chosen to be able to contact you regarding their products and services (which may or may not include Barleta products and services);
Fraud management and law enforcement
• We will disclose information if this is justified in order to protect us against fraud, defend our rights or property, or protect the interests of our clients.
• It may also be necessary to disclose your information in order to comply with the legal obligation to respond to the legal requests of the authorities. Your personal and special data will be communicated only when we consider, in good faith, that we have the obligation to do so in accordance with the law and based on an exhaustive assessment of all legal requirements.
The third parties we work with
• If you have purchased Barleta products and services using a third party or partner organization, we often have to exchange information with them as part of the management action of that relationship – for example, to identify your order, the device requested by you and to make payments to these third parties or organizations.
• If we have entered into a contract with a service provider or contractor to provide us with services or provide a service on our behalf, and they can access your personal and special data, we do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal and special data only in connection with the provision of their products and services.
• We collect and combine information in order to monitor your use of products and services, as well as their use by our other customers, as well as to help us improve the quality of our products and services.
International data transfers
Currently, our data is stored in our locations in Romania. It may be necessary to transfer your information to other companies in the European Economic Area (EEA). The EEA is made up of the countries of the European Union, Switzerland, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway: they are considered to have equivalent laws regarding data protection and privacy. This type of data transfer can take place for medical devices to order. In certain cases, Barleta may only send your information to a non-EEA country with your consent and we will ensure that your information is properly protected. We will always ensure that there is an appropriate legal contract covering data transfer, in accordance with standards approved by the European Commission (https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers -outside-I / model-Contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en). In addition, we will ask the third party to conclude a legal contract that reflects these standards.
Duration of keeping your personal and special data
We will store your information as long as it is required by law. If there is no legal requirement, we will only store them for as long as necessary. Unless the law provides otherwise, we will usually process your data during the existence of a contract between you and Barleta, plus a period of five years from its termination.
Safely keep your personal and special data
We have specialized security teams that constantly review and improve the measures we have taken to protect your personal and special data against any unauthorized access, accidental loss, disclosure or destruction. Internet communications (such as emails) are not secure unless they are encrypted. Your communications may cross several countries before being submitted, because this is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorized access or loss of personal and special data that is beyond our control.
• The right to rectify personal and special data
• You have the right to rectify the data held in connection with you, if they are not correct. If the data we have needs to be updated or if you think they may be incorrect, you can contact our Customer Relations team.
• The right of access to personal and special data
• You have the right to request a copy of the personal and special data held by Barleta in connection with you. To make this request as an authorized natural person or third party, please contact the Customer Relations team.
The right to data portability
• You have the right to take with you the personal data you have communicated to us in certain circumstances. For example, Barleta makes sure you can get your data.
• The right of opposition to the use of personal and special data
• In certain circumstances, you have the right to oppose Barleta’s processing of your personal and special data.
• To stop receiving marketing messages:
• If you do not wish to receive marketing messages from Barleta regarding our products and services and our products, you can opt out of all marketing communications.
How to file a complaint
If you would like to contact us about any of your rights or to make a complaint about how we use your personal and special data, please contact our Customer Relations team or send us an e-email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to help, but if you still have any complaints, you can contact the National Supervisory Authority for personal and special data processing – contact details can be found at www.dataprotection.ro
The right to restrict the use of your personal and special data
If you believe that the data we hold about you is incorrect or you think we should not process your data, please contact our Customer Relations team for a discussion regarding your rights. In certain circumstances, you will have the right to ask us to restrict processing.
Right of deletion
Barleta aims to process and store your data only for as long as this is necessary. In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete your personal and special data we hold. If you consider that we keep your data longer than necessary, it would be best to first check with Customer Service the data that Barleta holds. We may still have legal grounds for processing your personal and special data.